Remember, UNFCU or other legitimate organizations will never contacts members/customers to request personal information such as cards numbers, member numbers, Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) or passwords. Never give out your personal information unless you have initiated contact.
In some specific situations, we may ask you to contact us directly via telephone at +1 347-686-6000, which is the number published on our website to update information we have on file that we believe may be incorrect such as mailing address, telephone number or/and email address. Please always ensure that you are calling the appropriate and published number for UNFCU.
Develop the good habits on never sharing your personal information on unsure websites. Keep your personal ID's in a safe place developing good habits and using common sense goes a long way toward keeping your identify Secure.1
If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, you could be the victim of fraud or about to be scammed!
- Did you receive a CHECK for a transaction you advertised or answered through the internet, such as the sale of a car, real estate rental, job offer, etc?
- Is the amount of the CHECK more that the agreed price?
- Did the CHECK arrive via overnight delivery service?
- Is the CHECK from a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- Is the CHECK connected to communicating with someone by email?
- Have you been informed that you were the winner of an international LOTTERY that you did not enter?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive an INHERITANCE?
- Have you been instructed to "WIRE" money as soon as possible to another country?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another country?
- Are you receiving PAY or a COMMISSION for facilitating money transfers through your UNFCU account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update or provide your UNFCU member information?
If you believe you may be a victim, contact UNFCU immediately!